Installing on Windows
This document gives an overview of how to install the PhenixID server product on Windows. Additional information is found on PhenixID web site or through PhenixID support.
Installation media is provided through PhenixID support together with required license.
A single instance of the PhenixID server will require a minimum of 5 GB of drive space and 2 GB of RAM. This setup will be sufficient for installations up to 10 000 users. 4GB of RAM is recommended for installations with 10 000-100 000 users. Please contact PhenixID support for larger installations.
PhenixID Server is not CPU intensive; one CPU should work for most scenarios.
Note that depending on the admin rights of the user logged in during installation "Run as administrator" may be required. If possible this should be done always.
- Double-click the phxid_server_windows_x64_version.exe to start installation.
- On the screen “Welcome to the PhenixID service Setup Wizard”, click Next
- On the screen “License Agreement” Read the license agreement and select “I accept the agreement”, then click Next
- On the screen “Select Destination Directory”, click Browse… to select installation location or accept the default destination directory (e.g. on windows C:\Program Files\PhenixID\Server), then click Next
- On the screen “Select License File”, click Browse… to locate and select your license file, then click Next
- On the screen “System administrator”, enter default system administrator and password, then click Next. This user is the one used to access the configuration application. Please note that no other characters than A-Z, a-z and 0-9 are recommended.
- On the screen "Enter an encryption key", set an encryption key used for encrypting persistent data such as token keys, then click Next. IMPORTANT NOTICE - If this is a single node or the first node in a cluster the encryption key can be anything. But if this node is to be joined into an already existing cluster the key MUST be the same on all nodes. Please note that no other characters than A-Z, a-z and 0-9 are recommended.
- On the screen “HTTP port”, enter the port you like the administration UI to start on, e.g. 8443, then click Next
- Next screen is "Cluster". If you will have more than one PhenixID server node please read how clustering works and is configured in this separate document which can be found here. If this installation should not be part of a cluster, continue to next step and do not check the cluster checkbox.
- On the screen “Completing the PhenixID service Setup Wizard”, Click Finish to end the Setup.
Please continue with the post-installation tasks that are described in a separate document which can be found here.